We are committed to protecting your privacy, and this policy explains how we collect and process personal information about you when you use our products and services (our “Services”), or when you otherwise do business or make contact with us by visiting all of the Sites and services owned, hosted, or operated by VisualContext Digital GmbH t/a Cenny or Cenny Dojo (collectively”we”, “us”, “our”, “my”, “me”, or “I”)), including Cenny.net, Dojo.cenny.net and any other site that we have owned or operated, do own and operate or may own or operate in the future including social media sites (collectively, the “Sites”). Unless we say otherwise, all references to the Sites in this policy include all such Sites.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our websites, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 2021-08-17.
What types of information we collect
We may collect the following information when you register to use our Services, subscribe to our newsletters, respond to a survey or offer, make an enquiry through our websites, or contact us in any other way:
- Name, email, address, phone number
- Job title, organisation information
- Usernames and passwords
- Billing details (Payment card details are processed and stored via one of our contracted third party service providers. We encrypt your payment card details in your browser and securely transfer this data to our relevant third party payment provider to process a payment.)
- Any personal data you post on our website
- Transaction data for products and services you have purchased from us
- If you register for a course the information is used to to track your preferences, and to keep you informed about the course and related events
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Data about how you use our website
- Technical data such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, time zone settings and other technology on the devise you use to access our website
- Your marketing and communication preferences
- Any information that you directly provide to us whether through our contact form ,over the phone, by email or otherwise
- Photographs of you at events
How we use the information we collect
The personal information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- To provide and maintain our Services
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services
- To monitor the usage of our Services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- To facilitate account creation and login process
- To manage user accounts
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you contact us by e-mail or contact form with regard to questions of any kind, you give us your voluntary consent for the purpose of contacting us. For this purpose, you are required to provide a valid e-mail address. This serves to assign the inquiry and to answer it afterwards. The indication of further data is optional. The information you provide will be stored for the purpose of processing your enquiry and for possible follow-up questions. Personal data will be automatically deleted after completion of your inquiry.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
On the basis of your expressly given consent, we will regularly send you our newsletter or comparable information by e-mail to your specified e-mail address.
To receive the newsletter, it is sufficient to enter your e-mail address. If you register to receive our newsletter, the data you provide will be used exclusively for this purpose. Subscribers can also be informed by e-mail about circumstances relevant to the service or registration (for example changes to the newsletter offer or technical conditions).
For an effective registration we need a valid e-mail address. In order to verify that a registration is actually made by the owner of an e-mail address, we use the “double opt-in” procedure. For this purpose, we log the ordering of the newsletter, the sending of a confirmation e-mail and the receipt of the hereby requested answer. Further data is not collected. The data will be used exclusively for sending the newsletter and will not be passed on to third parties.
You can revoke your consent to the storage of your personal data and its use for sending the newsletter at any time. There is a corresponding link in every newsletter. You can also unsubscribe directly on this website at any time or inform us of your wish to do so using the contact option at the end of this data protection notice.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Will your information be shared with anyone?
We will only share your information with third parties in certain circumstances:
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution, or similar event, your personal information may be sold, disposed of, transferred, or otherwise disclosed as part of that transaction.
- Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- We may use and share aggregated non-personal information with third parties for marketing, advertising, and analytics purposes.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We may retain your personal information as long as you continue to use the Services, have an account with us, or for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in the policy. You can ask to close your account by contacting us at the details at the bottom of this document, and we will delete your personal information on request.
We may, however, retain personal information for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws, for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Deletion or blocking of the data
When you access our website, information of a general nature is automatically collected using a cookie. This information (server log files) includes, for example, the type of web browser, the operating system used, the domain name of your Internet service provider and similar information. This is exclusively information which does not allow any conclusions about your person.
To protect the security of your data during transmission, we use state-of-the-art encryption procedures (e.g. SSL) via HTTPS.
We reserve the right to adapt this data protection declaration so that it always meets the current legal requirements or to implement changes to our services in the data protection declaration, e.g. when introducing new services. The new data protection declaration then applies to your renewed visit.
Questions to the Data Protection Officer
If you have any questions regarding data protection, please send us an e-mail or contact the person responsible for data protection in our organisation directly:
June von Bonin